Pet Dental Care
We’re dedicated to providing exceptional pet dental care beyond routine check-ups. Our mission is to ensure your pet’s smile radiates health and happiness.
Welcome to Gulfshore Animal Hospital:
Where Pet Smiles Shine Bright
At Gulfshore Animal Hospital, good dental care is essential for your pet’s oral health, but poor dental hygiene can also lead to more serious health issues, such as kidney and heart disease.
Dental Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do begin brushing with a pet toothpaste with your finger, or using a pet finger toothbrush, to get your pet used to having something in his mouth before working up to a toothbrush specially made for pets.
- Do try to perform dental home care; once daily is best. Brushing is preferred, but on days you cannot brush, give a dental chew.
- Don’t use human toothpaste on your pet.
- Don’t attempt to clean the inner surface of your pet’s teeth. Your pet’s tongue and saliva clean this surface on its own.
- Don’t consider dental home care an alternative to full dental cleaning if your pet has more advanced dental disease. Even a Stage 1 dental score needs professional veterinary care to return your pet’s teeth to a healthy condition.